Followers

Friday, January 22, 2010

January 6

January 6, 2010
Opportunities are not hard to find especially when you’re looking for them. Today I met a lady. She represented the word “lady” very well. Her story is like many in this current economy. She had lost her job of 30+ years. She found herself, after the loss of her job, not in the financial position to retire. So she found herself in a career move that many would consider backwards. But she was grateful to have a job. Like David, with all that he did, he did so with excellence of his hands. This little lady, well into her 70’s, did the job that was asked of her with the excellence of her hands.
I watched as she performed her duties with integrity, assuring that her employer who was paying her by the hour was getting a full hour of work. I wondered what I could do or say for a woman that lived a life of such contentment. That’s when I spoke up, and with one sentence I watched as her countenance shone with gratitude that someone would notice the job that she had been called to perform. The sentence was short, took just a moment to speak, but in that moment made a dear lady feel appreciated and respected. Never underestimate the power of a kind word.

No comments:

Post a Comment