Today I met a young man that has aspirations for ministry. As I spoke with him, his story began to unfold right before my eyes. This young man never had a relationship with his father. Therefore he was struggling to find his identity. He never had a father to speak into his life and to tell him who he is, a father that would affirm him. A father like the father of Joseph that would wrap him in a coat of favor and point him into his destiny.
As I spoke to this young man he hung on to every word I spoke. It was as if I was breathing wind into his sails. I simply affirmed him and spoke life into his spirit and confirmed that I recognized a call of God on His life. I told him I believed in him.
In life there can be many disappointments, even for a young man. With every failure telling you that you are a nobody. To have someone to take the time to just say that they believe in you, though it may not seem like much, I assure you that for this young man it meant everything.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment