Followers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5, 2010

Tonight I was reminded of the scripture where Jesus said suffer not the little children to come unto me. There was something about Jesus that little children were drawn to Him. In this text Jesus was exhausted from the demands of ministry. But yet the children had come to him and the disciples tried to push the children away so that Jesus might rest. But Jesus speaks to his disciples and says suffer not the children to come unto me. What Jesus was saying is that I'm never too tired or to busy for the children or for that matter you and I. He gives us an open invitation to bring or hurts and burdens to him and He will never turn us away. For me today was an intense day of ministry. I'm not just talking about staff meetings and planning (It has its place) but I'm talking about some on hands spiritual warfare with the power of darkness. Things I can't wright about tonight. But as the night was getting late and many of you wondering when is he going to wright. On my mind was this journey that God has me on and that's when at about eleven o’clock I made a run to the 24 hour Walgreen’s to pick up eye liner for my teenage daughter as I had promised earlier. When I arrived there was my next opportunity to give back. I met a little family that was there a father and a mother and and a beautiful little baby just like the ones Jesus had spoke about. They were there to pick up a medical prescription. Here came the need as they were checking out there was not going to be enough to pay for the prescription and for the baby to have diapers. I wondered if I had not been on this journey if I would have missed this. I wondered how many I had missed in the past? This I know I woudn't miss this one. It's been awhile but there I stood with a bag of huggies wow I forgot how expensive they are. As I handed them over to this family. With a God bless you and your family. The surprise look upon their faces as a guy at a 24 hour Walgreen’s after eleven at night would bless them with diapers for their baby and then walk away. It feels good to share the love of Jesus in a practical way.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I think it's so easy to miss opportunities like the one you had this evening, just because we are too focused on ourselves and our own lives to "see" the ministry opportunities God blesses us with every day. So glad you are taking the time to write a bit every day . . . it encourages us in our journey of faith as we see you walk out yours. Blessings, Pastor!

    ReplyDelete