Followers

Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2,2010

Tonight I was in Orlando, Florida. I had stopped in for dinner at a local restaurant when I saw a man and his wife and their little girl that were out for the night as a family. I thought about the three institutions that God has established: the church, the government, and the family and how all three have been under great attack by the enemy. Could it be that as we get closer to the coming of the Lord that we will see even a greater attack in these areas? It moves me to prayer to imagine that the beautiful family that I saw tonight could come under great opposition and face major storms and battles with the intention of the enemy to ultimately destroy what God had created. What could I do tonight? I'm not their pastor. I'm not apart of their family. Well I don't even know them. We have never even met and possibly I will never see them again in my life. But yet is there some little thing I could do? Is there something I could say that would for a moment get them to stop and think that there is someone out there who cares? People are so cautious would I be stepping out of bounds? Do they want to be just left alone or are they of some religion that would not even understand? That's the very kind of thinking that keeps Christians from doing anything for the Kingdom of God. I'm not in front of my congregation on a Sunday morning. I'm not even in my city where I am known by people. It's just me as a man that loves Jesus, in another city other then where I live, with a desire to please Him. What can I do? If I jump up in a chair and shake my King James Bible wildly in the air (No offence to those that have done such) but tonight it is surely to be a turn off not to mention get me thrown out of the restaurant. So the Lord lays upon my heart to buy ice cream for the family and have it sent to their table without them knowing who sent it. Along with a little note that said you have a beautiful family and I pray God's blessing upon your home in 2010. That was it but it felt right. It was also fun watching them looking the restaurant over as they were leaving hoping to discover who the one was that sent the note along with ice cream. I watched as they question the waiter one more time as they exited but to know avail for I had made him promise not to tell. But even more important I hope their thoughts are upon the fact that someone cared enough to stop and pray for God's blessing upon their family and it might get them to consider including Jesus in their home if they have not already done so. Again tonight it made me feel good to demonstrate the love of Christ in a practical way.

No comments:

Post a Comment