Followers

Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1,2010

Tonight I visited with a man and his mother both that are grieving the recent lost of a father and a woman that lost the love of her life. Together she and her husband of 57 years had shared children,dreams and a life of love together. I could sense that this man and his mother were doing their best to hold it together and to move forward as their life's have been thrust into transition that they were not familiar with. Their times of loneliness is greater at times then that of others but with precious memories and each other and the love and support of family and friends and a God that is a present help in time of need they will move forward into the next season that God has for them and with joy will finish the race that is before them.
I went to their home with a gift and a card for each. As appreciative as they were of the gift and card I believe the real blessing was in the visit and the company. We spoke for about 20 minutes with the conversation moving in many directions. At the close of our visit I ask if I could pray with them as I did you could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit as he was there to embrace and encourage and strengthen this wonderful family. I'm confident that they will be okay but they will need the continual love and prayers of family and friends.
I don't know if I was able to do or say anything that was life changing or that which made a big difference in their day. But the moments that we shared tonight from the expressions on their faces and the words that they spoke meant a lot to them and brought them a joy and a comfort as the love of Christ was demonstrated in a practical way. I know as I pulled away from their drive way to go home I liked the way it made me feel and I enjoyed the sense that I had done that which was pleasing to the God I love and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment